Thursday, July 3, 2008

You scratch my back I'll scratch yours

So tomorrow I am having a "swingset building/4th of July" BBQ. Yeah sure... I know it's sounds a little cheesy to invite people over and put them to work but I swear to cake that it wasn't my idea. I got a text from my mom last week that said "Matt said have a party on the 4th and he'll bring some muscle and put your swingset together". So here I am making a list of all of the stuff (food and booze) I'll need to keep "the muscle" going tomorrow whilst they put Eva's swingset together. Hopefully Matt is whereever he is putting together a list of all of the tools he'll need to put said swingset together since I was not bullshitting when I said all I have is a hammer. I literally only have a hammer. If I scoured the joint I might be able to find 2 hammers. But that's it! No wrench, no wheel barrow, no drill, no ladder... none of it. If you need anything besides a hammer Bro, you best be bringing it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chrissy while reading the blog your brother actually handed his list of tools he will be bringing. How twinly of you. By the way scratching our back means leaving our tribe with you for the rest of the weekened

Anonymous said...

Chris - whatever tools and whatever 'what else' they needed, the swing set/play gym job was completed perfectly ! The best part was that after it was all done, the kids played basketball.

Alice said...

LOLOL Kathy, that is exactly what happened!
And Chris, tell Marc what a fabulous job he did on the swing set. And what about that corn, delciious huh?

Lady Lif said...

The most fabulous corn ever mom!!!!

And I have a pic of marc drilling the one screw he actually drilled into the swingset. I'm gonna frame it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great game plan to me Chrissy...the swingset turned out fab and Eva and Luke will get years of enjoyment out of it!