Monday, July 28, 2008

A night out sans the kiddies



Here we are going out for a night on the town (Chinatown to be specific) without the kiddies in the first time in....er....years!!!! Okay so fine it wasn't really a night on the town, more like a wedding but it was in Manhattan and we didn't know anyone so it was almost like going to a club in some far off land. I'd be remiss if I didn't list some of the highlights (insert sarcasm here) of the night so here goes:

-Lobster and melon and mayonaise
-Shark Fin soup
-300+ guests with each one having a photo opp with the happy couple
-Sparklers, bubbles and a smoke machine

This was my first time at a Chinese wedding so all of this stuff was new to me. Many of the stuff they did at the wedding was really neat. For example, at one point during dinner (I use that term loosely) the bride and groom went around to every table and did a toast with the guests seated there. Did I mention there were over 300 people there? I'm left wondering how the bride and groom actually consumated their marriage after all of that toasting. I guess that's not really any of my business though anyway. THe night was interesting, and odd and fun and I missed my kids but it was really nice to spend some time "alone" with the Mr. I look forward to doing it again soon!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

You guys look amazing! It must have felt great to have an adult night out!

Anonymous said...

You 2 def. look smokin hot! Love that pic...So, did you try any mayo concoctions?

Anonymous said...

Chrissy...Just figured out how to get here. You and Marc look great.
The babies are two cute also. Grandma is anxious to get there now.