Monday, July 21, 2008

Perspective

Okay. So as you might have already have guessed I was a little raw yesterday when I posted my "dear theif" letter. I just re-read it and cringed a little. I had a long day yesterday aside from the wallet and laptop, et al theivery.

Some of the major things that occurred yesterday are as follows:

*One of marc's friends from high school was shot in his home saturday night by an unknown assailant. The story is right out of a movie. Friend is home saturday night. Assailant knocks on the door. Friend answers. Assailant says "are you joe schmo?". Friend says "yes". Assailant shoots friend 3 times in the chest. Friend lives!!!!!!!! A miracle if ever there was one!

* A good friend of ours' baby girl (8 months old) fell down a full flight of stairs. She's perfectly fine. Another miracle. This hits home pretty deep b/c this is one of my biggest fears in my own house)

In comparison, my missing items pale. Yeah it's a hassle and my faith in hummanity is a little bruised at the moment but..... Considering what others were going through yesterday my woes seem trite. I almost deleted yesterday's thread but am leaving it because this is MY blog and that's how I was jiving yesterday.

To the powers that be: I don't hope that poor soul who ganked my stuff dies in a bus accident or gets struck by lightning. I do however hope he turns my computer on and goes to my favorites and reads this blog. I also hope he sees the pix of my babies and feels shitty about what he's done. Maybe he'll think twice next time he thinks about stealing from someone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put Cliff..no one can fault you for yesterday's raw emotions...you're human and I no doubt would have felt the same.

My heart goes out to Marc's friend and Baby Girl...I can't imagine being in either situation.

Mad love!

Anonymous said...

What Jana said hun

Anonymous said...

Very well put Chrissy,
you had every right to
feel the way you did yesterday.

and I am SOO glad that Marc's friend, and the baby are ok.

Anonymous said...

proud of you chris- for keeping things in perspective- I love this post....not the stuff in it, but the way the whole 'change of heart' thing happened... I think things happen for a reason....
good luck to your friends ..... can you set an automatic remote destruct on your laptop???

Alice said...

Chris, I already made a disk for you of all the pictures I have of Eva and Luke.
Let the healing begin.

Anonymous said...

Wow about your friend and about the baby that fell..