Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back to the grind



.... Kind of. I've decided for my sanity and (I'm guessing) for the sanity of my kids I am going back to work for a few hours a week. I do enjoy working from home but it has it's challenges. Something that takes me an hour at the office can run me up to 4 hours at home with the myriad of distractions (dirty diapers, burps, puzzles, "fwingsets", cheerios, sippy cups, the sprinkler, Jerry Springer, Mac N Cheese, etc.). Additionally, there are a few things that I do that require peace and quiet...something that is extremely hard to come by at 18 Rainbow these days. When I do happen upon a minute of quiet (where I'd like to call a customer) it's short lived. By the time I finished gooing poopoos on the da potty...er I mean taking care of personal biz, having something to eat and on the rare occasion **gasp** showering, said P&Q is gone.

Today is my first day back. I'm looking forward to it. The kiddies will spend a few hours with Memar, whom they adore and I get to go to work and destress LOL. Who'da thunk it!?!?!?! Going to work to destress!!! I can so see why Marc rushes out the door sometimes to go to work.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I don't know how you were trying to work with both kids at home! Impossible! I am going back to work full this fall and have been leaving them with their sitter now two days a week just so I can get some things done around the house! I can't even fold laundry - as I fold, Landon is sprinting over the piles and Landon is unfolding and carrying an article of clothing half way down the hallway, drops it, and returns for a repeat with another! Enjoy your work time! :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the breather! I would love to have something that would take me out of the house a few hours a week.

Anonymous said...

I agree, I don't know how you could get an ounce of work done from home!

Enjoy your breathers outside of the house, I know the kids will LOVE Memar time!!

Alice said...

Memar loves memar time too!