Monday, September 29, 2008

Pardon me while I channel my inner Paris Hilton

Has all of this "going green" hype gotten way to far into my skull?

Picture it: I'm at the gym riding my little butt off on the bike looking around at all of the other mice riding their butts off on the bikes, and the gazelles on the dreadmills, and the crazies on the stair steppers, and those on the rowers and the beefcakes pumping iron and a thought occurs to me. One that I've had before but have never expressed to anyone for fear they will think I'm a complete dunce.

We are peddling away, burning calores, working up a sweat, expending energy and where is that energy going???? Off into lala land. Why can't we harness it? Hook a box up to each of the machines (NEXT TO NOT IN PLACE OF the personal tv) that stores all of my energy and give me a break on my LIPA bill the faster I go. Why the heck can't that work??? Come on people let's think outside of the box here. At the very least make my own ass responsible for powering my own personal treadmill tv.

I'm just the idea person and no whiz at the science stuff so it's up to someone else now to come up with the mechanics but by george I think this could work!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are totally right!! OR at least we could harness that energy to pay for the air conditioning and the machines running in the gym!
I saw a thing on TV once where a bunch of crunchies had somehow hooked up a stationary bike at home to the TV, so you could only watch TV if you were powering it by riding.
If the crunchies can do it, Crunch can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I think you've got something there Chrissy. I sure as hell would sign up for it. SAPA...smaller ass power authority.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't I think of this before!! Better get a patent on this concept..ASAP!

kAiLeA said...

I think that is brilliant Cliff! If someone does "invent" this...I'll know that is was your idea and they stole it!

Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic idea, think of all the energy it would create throughout this image obsessed country!!! You're a brainiac genius!

(.... and hopefully it would also power cars that are just driving by the gym....)

Anonymous said...

love the idea! fight obesity and global warming in one fell swoop... nice job

Anonymous said...

I'd have to ride it all damn day b/c my tube is on lots, my friend!