Monday, September 15, 2008

Cheers and Jeers

So today was the day. The day when my 2 year vacation came to a screeching halt. The day that some would say I went "back to work" (as if I've ever stopped)full time for what I've affectionately dubbed and what will heretoforthwence (or something like that) be called "The Job". The day when some would even say I went from being a stay at home mom to a part time mom. As with anything in life this day had its ups and down. What do you want first? The good news or the bad news?

Okay I'll start with the bad, AKA the jeers. I didn't win the lottery and my boss didn't tell me he's gonna pay me and I don't ever have to come in or do anything and I wasn't promoted (yet). I got a blister from my new fab heels. Oh and I missed my kids.

Now for the Cheers. My kids had a groovy time hanging with their cousins and their Aunt and from what I gathered they DID NOT miss me. Although this is a jeer for me I'm listing it as a cheer because afterall it's the kids that really matter right? Work was laid back and fun and exciting, as to be expected on the first day. I hung with a lot of old friends, got acquainted with my new title, had my first conference call, and performed whatever logistical duties I could take care of so that tomorrow I can do some actual work. Lastly, I don't have to deal with a money stressed out hubby tonight because now we have a little more of the proverbial bacon to bring home and throw around (anyone who's seen what happened to the stock market today knows why I have a money stressed hubby).

All things considered I'd say my first day on "The Job" was a success and now I'm home at my other job. Here's where the juggling act gets tricky from what I hear.........

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Sounds like a fantastic day Cliff...I'm so proud of you..I can't wait to see pics of you lookin fly!

Anonymous said...

Sounds Fabulous!
Your going to be the best "part" time mommy ever! lol
Looking forward to pics of you dressed to kill

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

glad you had a great first day chickie! and you looked hella hot while at it!!

you're going to be a pro at juggling both jobs!

Alice said...

Congrats on two jobs well-done. Pretty soon nanny Mammar will be home to spoil the babies whilst you bring home the b-o-l-o-g-n-a!

Anonymous said...

heretoforthwence ?? lololol...love it !

Anonymous said...

Well done!

Anonymous said...

chrissie - I'm sorry, didn't anyone tell you there is no such thing as a part-time mom? I'm totally impressed with your first day - congrats! The worst part of your day will be leaving them in the morning, but the best will be the instant they see you and scream "mommy" and run to your arms.