Tuesday, September 16, 2008

DOH

Ever have one of those moments that comes back a while later and slaps you in the face like a big old Homer Simpson "DOH"? I had one yesterday. Picture it *in my best Sophia Petrillo voice* ... It's 1 pm and I'm at the office on my first day on "The Job". Moving, shaking, grooving, getting shiz done, feeling good. My new boss, who I've known for 10 years, who I consider a friend says "You know what Christine??? It's your first day. Why don't you take this account deck report I printed out and get out of here early. Look over it on the train while you're on your way home and we'll discuss it tomorrow". "Cool, takecarebye" I say as a chesire grin spreads across my face. Minutes later as I'm skipping out of the office on my way to the elevator my new boss walks by on his way to The Lou and says "have a good night" and smiles. DOH!!!!!!!!!! Was this simply a good gesture on my bosses part to let me out early, is he buttering me up for something tomorrow, or was this some "New Salesperson Motivation Quotent test" or something and if so.... BUMMER b/c I failed... bigtime.

Ruh Roh Shaggy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say it was a good gesture Cliff! Don't even sweat it!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm.....
Possibly a good gesture.
Possibly some motivation test.
Probably a huge butter up job.

Whichever, Jana is right. don't sweat it.

Rebecca said...

It is bitter sweet - the whole going back to work thing. On my bad days I wonder why I am back and then the good days are so good it makes it all worth it. But I am definitely skipping out of school every day to pick up the kids!

Anonymous said...

Not sure which but hope its the first for your benefit. lol.


CALL ME TOMORROW SO I WAKE UP!!!

Alice said...

Maybe he didn't have much for you to do on the first day and was being reasonable...is that too much to expect of a boss?
So how did things go today, were there any repercussions? Did you do what you were supposed to do with the report?

Tara said...

i'm betting that it was just a nice gesture as well. don't worry about it chickie!

Unknown said...

how did the next day go?
I am sure it was all good