Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thursday 13 #7 Olympic Events that blow my mind


Thirteen Things about Chrissy


The 13 Olympics Events that blow my mind and why

1. The balance beam- I watch this like I watch a horror movie, through my fingers with my breath held the whole time. It's so effin scary to me. And my pelvis aches the entire time.
2. Synchronized diving- How in the world can they do that shiz at the same exact time like that?
3. Canoeing- I've tried to paddle a canoe once or twice and that shit is super hard. It's no wonder the lady 'canoers' look like dudes to me.
4. Marathon- I don't think I'll ever get how someone can RUN for HOURS.
5. Weightlifting- Specifically the Clean and Jerk- First off I giggle whenever someone says the name of the event even though I know how extremely juvenile that is. Secondly, how those little itty bitty guys elbows and knees don't snap when they throw around eleventy seven times their own body weight boggles my mind.
6. Rowing- See # 3
7. Table Tennis- Sorry. Forrest Gump ruined this one for me
8. Hurdles- It's hard enough to do a split if not impossible. These cats do it while full on sprinting in mid air.
9. 10K Marathon Swimming- How far IS that????????????
10. Handball- It's not just for dirtbags behind the Stop & Shop?
11. Triathalon- Swimming, biking and running a blue billion miles independently of one another is hard enough. These freaks do it all in one event.
12. Synchronized Swimming- is mad cool to watch especially for me since I don't know how to swim!
13. BMX Cycling- Those dudes are just nuts!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those baffle me too,
all the gymnastics is amazing.
You left off the ever so mindblowing badmitten.
I saw this the other night and cracked up

Anonymous said...

You are hysterical!!! I feel the same way about the balance beam.
Oh, and a 10K is 6.2 miles. I never swam that, but I "ran" it last year. I use the term "ran" loosely. Very loosely.

Anonymous said...

Canoeing is an olympic sport??!?!?!?!

Alice said...

Why isn't food shopping with Eva and Luke an Olympic event? Maybe because no-one gives you a medal for it.

Anonymous said...

I'm with your Mom on this one all the way Chrissy!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that's too fuuny!
Which reminds me...
How around that bar thing? Don't you worry, as they're spinning around & around, that they'll let go at the wrong moment and go flying off into the audience?