Monday, August 25, 2008

Open eye, insert fingernail!

Just when I start getting comfortable with the kids being around each other withouth my hawkeye on them Eva reminds me that she's one and still seriously lacking in impulse control... especially right before nap time. Suffice it to say the girl child is STILL not old enough to be trusted alone around the boy child yet.

Today Lukey was in his swing looking up at himself in the mirror. He wasn't bothering anyone. I swear, I was there. Eva sauntered over to the swing and touched his eyebrow ever so UNgently. I lowered my brow and sternly told her not to touch her brother's eye again. I had my eleventeenth glimpse of what teenage rebellion is going to look like at that very second when she looked me blank in the face and proceeded to attempt to extract his eyeball from his skull. Thank God, and for the sake of Lukey's right baby blue, that I'm still rather dilligent about not leaving them alone together for I fear this could have had a very bad outcome. Although she probably wouldn't have done that if I wasn't "egging" her on, right?

Anyway, I removed her from her eye socket digging post, she cried like the baby she still is and felt lots of remorse and apologized to her baby brother...eventually. Now's she napping..... about 15 minutes too late. And because I deserve it so is he.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. do i get the "if I wasn't "egging" her on part? I think i do but it is a bit cheese...ey

Anonymous said...

I do think Luke will get his revenge in time. May it be the worst thing she ever does to him.

Tara said...

oh boy, i'm right with you on this one! stephen likes to try to push shyanne in the swing..almost sending her right out of it!

and what is with them and the babies eyes? stephens always going at hers too, lol!

Anonymous said...

I can so see all this going down Chrissy!
Luckily for me Dalton does his best work with opening the garbage can and watching for me out of the corner of his eye. lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Luke will definitely have his revenge...as I so lovingly had to remind haylee thru the younger years...the baby brother will one day outgrow you! LOL

I say we give Eva a free pass...it was purely experimental! ;)