Sunday, June 1, 2008

Thank Heaven for little boys

I call this "A baby burrito".

It's funny how in a year you forget all of the newborn stuff. Eva looks so big to me know and such just like a kid. Two weeks ago she was still a baby...awwe. I'm surprised (again) at how much these little guys can change in just a few days. Luke's gone from "Space Alien" (dubbed by Uncle Mark in the hospital) to pure, unadulterated sweetness. As Gail would say, being born is hard work. I guess it only takes a few days to snap back into shape. Well, Luke has officially snapped!

I'm also suprised at how much I love little boy clothes. Don't get me wrong...nothing makes me happier than putting a fly outfit on Eva and showing her off but who knew soccerballs, and teddy bears and "little trains that could" would be so cute???? Since having Eva I've always felt a little pity for a woman who doesn't have a girl. I thought "what a shame to not be able to buy bows, and Maryjanes, and tights and pretty dresses". Now I see how utterly ridiculous that notion is. It's funny the things being a Mom will teach you....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, it's wonderful that you can take the time to notice and appreciate all the beautiful changes that your adorable babies bring to your life. Eva and Luke are really lucky kids.
Love, Mom

Secret Agent Mama said...

Awwwww..my heart just melts!

Anonymous said...

Chris-
The best part of this whole thing is that although you learned something, it hasn't even begun... Joey is 29 and I am STILL learning things about being a Mom ! Enjoy it - you'll do great ! love, kathy

Anonymous said...

Awwww! This one made me a little misty Chrissy! So true, every single word!