Monday, April 14, 2008

Momnesia

You know you're off when you go to make your kid scrambled eggs and cheese for lunch and you crack the egg on the side of the bowl, dump the egg in the garbage and throw the shell in the pan.

Momnesia is defined by Dr. Louann Brizendine as a "state of the female brain that is a bit forgetful after she’s had a baby". I don't know for a fact but I am assuming that Momnesia is exponentially worse with each child you have. So, right now I'm probably hoovering right around the second tier of momnesia and getting closer to the threshold with each passing week. I can't wait to see what's in store for me and my kids and my gray matter when baby #2 makes his or her way into the world next month!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHA! I love this! I also suffer from this, and the bad news is, 11.5 years later, I've not recovered. For me this includes trying to put the bottle nipple ON the gallon of milk, throwing clothes in the trash and trash in the laundry hamper. Yeah, we're hit!

Lady Lif said...

HAHA...it's good to know I'm not alone!

Unknown said...

I totally have this too and its only getting worse with each passing year.

Anonymous said...

Can we talk about "grandmanesia"? How annoying is it to get up with a purpose, walk quickly to another room and totally forget what you went there for? The only thing you can do is go back where you started an SOMETIMES you remember what you were going to do! Sometimes not.

Lady Lif said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Mom!

Anonymous said...

HAHA!
Love it!
Glad to know I'm not alone on this one,