Thursday, April 24, 2008

Baby...box!"

I've often wondered how many times a kid would actually do *insert repetitive game activity that makes them laugh here* in a row if the mamma didn't get tired of it and move onto another activity. I've always suspected it would be upwards near "a lot"! Today I had some time to kill (about 8 hours) and decided to find out.

Eva and I were playing with her toy door thingie that looks like the front of a house. It has a door, door bell, window, flower pot, mailbox, the whole 9. She adores it. We figured out that if we put her baby (not a real baby of course) in the mailbox and make it disappear she'd crack right up. Here's my chance to run my experiment since daddy and I gave up the other night putting the cookie jar lid on daddys head after about 17 times. Wouldn't you know it took 34 times for her to get bored of the "Baby Box" game before she crawled through the door and moved onto something else. 34 is a lot but not nearly as many as I imagined. I imagined myself sitting there at 5:30 when daddy came home with tears in my eyes and a cramp in my shoulder putting the baby in the box and eva cracking up everytime. In the future I vow to have a little more patience and ride these activities out longer until she grows tired of them.

As an aside, someone remind me not to leave Eva out front by the real mailbox when the real baby comes along.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally cracking up right now. *Note to self, don't let Eva hang with JR at the mail box!!

34 times IS a lot!! Now you've provoked me and I must do my own lil experiment!

Anonymous said...

this has me totally wanting to do my own experiment and seeing how long it takes stephen to get bored, lol!

Anonymous said...

Eva certainly has
"stick-to-it-ivness". I witnessed it myself yesterday when she was determined to stand up and walk...she did it about 45 times, I'm sure she did it as much for her own satisfaction as for the joy it gave mommy and grandma. The only thing that could deter her was an ice-pop!
Rise Eva!
Love, Grandma