Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Open mouth insert hand, foot, & mouth Disease

Is running rampant in the Lif household. Okay so Lukey's version is mild and it's technically called Coxsackie (streetname= Hand Foot & Mouth virus). He's got a grody rash on his feet and legs and in his mouth and he's a little less happy than normal. No biggie...we'll ride it out and should be good to go in a few days.

Eva's version is a little more severe and it's where the "insert foot in mouth" part comes in. Additionally, I think it's here to stay for a bit longer. Allow me to relay a conversation between Eva and one of her grandparents. The name of the other party has been changed to avoid any embarassment the relaying of this story might cause for the interested party. I overheard this as I was on my computer in my dining room while NANA and Eva were playing in the den.

Nana: Oh eva lets read a book
Eva: Okay "Nana"
Nana: How about this one (insert some random book)
Eva: No
Nana: Okay how about this one (insert another random book)
Eva: No
Nana: Okay well do you want to play with this puzzle?
Eva: No Nana
Nana: Okay well then lets play with this piano
Eva: Okay Nana

Right about now is when Nana bends over to pick up said piano and breaks a little wind... not uncommon for someone in Nana's age range.

Eva: Nana fotted!!!!
Nana(trying desperately to change the subject): Eva here is the piano we are gonna play with!
Eva: NANA FOTTED
NANA (still desperately trying to change the subject): Come here we'll read a book then.
Eva: NANA FOTTED!!!!!!!!!! NANA FOTTED!!!!!!!!!!NANA FOTTED!!!!!!!!!!

It's a wonder that NANA didn't hear me bust out laughing as loud as I did. Or maybe she did and she was just desperately trying to blow the whole thing off (literally).

9 comments:

Alice said...

All I have to say is..it WASN'T me! I was out of town. Must have been another grandparent. LOL

Anonymous said...

OMG! What is funnier about this... that you shared it with the rest of us! I love it! These kids crack me up.

LaSal said...

ROFLMAO!

Anonymous said...

I am a sucker for a good fott joke. Eva and I would get along great!

Lady Lif said...

We always roar when Eva does this to daddy or lukey and I knew it would definately come again at an inappropriate time... I guess it was better that it was "Nana" than some poor old lady at the supermarket...

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes !! Poor Nana !

Tara said...

i'm lmfao right now, i love that kid, lol! so serves nana right for the diarrhea thing, haha

Anonymous said...

LMAO Alice!!

This is hysterical!

BrendaF said...

LOL..too funny!!!