Sunday, October 19, 2008

A boy and his buddy



Unbeknownst to me I've created a monster and am setting my child up for a lifetime of rotted out digits and dental work and ridicule from his friends because somehow I created him with an innate urge to suck and of course I put the thing on the end of his arm that fits perfectly in his mounth. Apparently I'm supposed to take away the one thing in this world (besides me) that comforts my boy and makes him happy. WTF? Listen, I tried. I tried making him like the plug or giving him a woobie. And I've repeatedly asked him instead to form an attachement to a stuffed teddy bear but the kid ain't having it. So I'm putting this here so we can move past it. Lukey loves his thumb and momma doesn't have the heart to take it away from him. I've decided to deal with the other catastrophic things I'm setting him up for if and when they happen. For now the boy can have his thumb.... and suck it too.

10 comments:

Alice said...

As far as I am concerned that boy can have anything he wants and he is damn well gonna know it when I get home. Adorable! Yummy to the max.

LaSal said...

It's in some of the genes... relax it will be outgrown before any damage is done. And he's CCCUUUUUTTEEEEE!!!!

Tara said...

What are you supposed to do, cut it off? I say if the boy wants his thumb let him have it!

Shy does the middle and pointer finger in her mouth all the time, lol!

Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about it Cliff...that boy child is totally entitled to his thumb, ring finer, and pinkie if he so chooses to!

Alice, get your butt home and see to it no one tries to deprive that kid!

Anonymous said...

OMG ! What an adorable picture ! Definitely move past it- we all have our 'comfort' food and if that's what satisfies him, so be it... Dentists are cheaper than psychiatrists anyway ...lol

Anonymous said...

How about you make a deal with him - he can have his thumb until he wants to drive your car. At that point, it will be time to give it up.

In the meantime, he is absolutely adorable!!!! I love the glistening drool!

Anonymous said...

One of my brothers sucked his thumb until he was 12 and he has perfect teeth. Me? No thumb-sucking, and I need major dental work but now I'm too old to go through the torture and just think of my crooked teeth as giving me "character." : )

Lady Lif said...

It's good to know I have some supporters!!!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with him sucking on his thumb. Just be happy he has something that sooths him and you don't have to wake up 4 times per night to put his binki back in!

Anonymous said...

To give you some peace of mind...my mom sucked her thumb FOREVER and she has pefect teeth, no braces needed.I didn't suck my thumb or a paci and needed braces for 6 years!!!!

Dev still sucks her paci. Meh, braces are for cool people anyways ;)