Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I'm sick of listening to people talk about New Year's Resolutions. If you spent less time talking about shit you wanted to do differently and more time actually doing it you wouldn't have to make an effing resolution on December 31st every year. Furthermore, why do people wait until January 1st to change things in their lives? What's the significance of that date??? I know it's the first day of the calendar year but seriously, what else? Why is it so magical? Why is that the day people choose to be the people they really want to be? Isn't today just as good a day as January 1st?

If you are unhappy and want to change something, start now. Not tomorrow, not next week, not on your birthday, not twenty eleven. For a lot of people tomorrow never comes. One day for all of us tomorrow is not going to come. If you want to do it, just go on and do it. People respect that. Action is inspirational.

Oh, by the way

6 comments:

Alice said...

Well Said!

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

true that.

Anonymous said...

This is why I love you! Amen!

Nancy said...

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!!! Why wait until Jan 1st, to make changes.

kathy said...

I totally get this, and I agree, but..... I am the kind of person who NEEDS to set a starting point..."Monday", "after vacation", "March 1" ..... not sure why, and you are totally right about DO IT NOW.....

does it make me a bad person ? no, just a procrastinator, I think.....

Tara said...

very well said!!