Thursday, April 30, 2009

The weightloss wagon

I'm back on this crazy rollercoaster again. I finally got down to pre prego weight a few months ago and with only 10 more pounds to get to my goalweight I promptly rewarded myself but putting on 5 pounds. Why do I do it to myself? Why does it have to be so hard? Not trying to sound pathetic and "woe-is-meish" here. Those questions are more general questions for humanity as a whole.

While I was at the gym today I was watching Oprah (If my boss is reading this it was the late replay in the evening not the first run of the show ;-). There was a man on there who is in the Guiness Book of World Records for losing the most amount of weight ever. Over 1000 pounds. Guess what? He gained every single pound of it back. I can't even wrap my brain around that. I'm seriously jammed right now in a thought process windtunnel of WHY? HOW? could someone go through that and be on Oprah talking about it? I'm floored. Why is it so damn hard to get to and stay at a weight that makes us happy? Maybe even more puzzling why can't we be happy at the weight we're at?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a constant back and forth battle...that's for ding dang sure. I think you look like a million bucks! But like you said "why can't we just be happy with the weight we're at?" Especially since you and I, at least, are far from obese!

Nancy said...

I know how you feel... been there done that and still there doing that. Grandma is 95 and when she goes up three pounds she starts eating salad for lunch... guess we can't escape it, it runs in the family.

Tara said...

i can't wrap my mind around the guy on O either, thats insane!

i'm back on the wagon as well...lets see how long this lasts!

LaSal said...

Oh, gawd... no comment, cuz I'm munching rabbit food, and it's not polite to curse with your mouth full.

Marie said...

I'm on the same wagon!! I've decided I need to stay off the scale for longer periods of time, because I also "reward" myself for weight lost. I think it would help me keep my head in the game if I don't focus on the tiny ups and downs every week, but just keep plugging away at the exercise and portion-control, and only check the scale every 2 weeks. That's my new plan! I'll let you know how it works. ;)

I can't believe that guy on Oprah..... I think in those cases, his issue is not food. It seems like emotional eating, or eating to fill a void. He could probably benefit from having a therapist or a religious counselor, do ya think?