Sunday, April 19, 2009

How's this for timing?

Picture it. The whole Lif family driving around on the first gorgeous day of the year, Saturday April 18, 2009. Setting the stage here now so indulge me would ya. A fab day at the petting zoo with friends. Lunch at applebees with friends and beers and one baby who slept the whole time and the other who sat and ate her whole meal peacefully and without protest. I should have known things were going too well... that the hammer was about to drop. On the way home we were listening to the baseball game on the radio and decided to rol up the windows and put the AC on so we could here the game. What? Wait? The AC doesn't work? Hmmmmmm that's weird.

Fast forward a few hours later to a conversation between Marc and the toyota lady:

Marc- Hi I bought a car from Toyota a few years ago and my a/c just went out. I am sure it's under warranty could you let me know what I should do to have it fixed.
Toyota lady grumbling about having to do shit on a beautiful day- When did you buy it? If it was brand new when you bought it you get a 3 year or 36000 mile warranty.
Marc- I don't remember b/c it was 2 + years ago. It's a 2006
Toyota lady obviously pissed about being a toyota lady- What's the VIN #?
Marc- VIN # is blah blah blah
Toyota all of a sudden perks up and has spring in her step because she's evils and gets off on delivering this next little tidbit- You're gonna die.
Marc- Why?
Toyota lady with what I imagine to be an ear to ear grin-The system shows you bought the car on April 17th 2006.
Marc- Huh? So you're saying if this happened yesterday I'd be covered 100%
Toyota lady- Ayup
Marc- But today I'm not?
Toyota lady- Uh Nope

6 comments:

Alice said...

That is surely a very big OUCH!
At least the kids were good thru lunch.

LaSal said...

Sooooo... how did she react when you bitch-slapped her...??

Lady Lif said...

If I were at the toyota lady's office I'd be abitchslapping!!!

Marc called today to see if he could bring it in to be fixed. They want $150 to tell us what's wrong with it. Umm.... it's the air conditioning.

Anonymous said...

OMG...you're kidding me. I would have said, "Ohhhh, didn't I mention, it quit working YESTERDAY, not today?"

That's ridic...asshats.

Tara said...

unfreaking real, that majorly bites i'd be pissed

Lady Lif said...

So marc told them to shine on their $150 diagnostic fee and took it to a auto repair shop and it cost $35 dollars to fix. What do you wanna bet toyota would have charge $200 after all is said and done!?!