Monday, May 3, 2010

Bucket List Item- Half Marathon- CHECK

THAT was HARD!!!!!!!!!! OMG y'all I almost didnt make it through!! Many thanks to Jenn for keeping me in the race. She kept a great pace and gave me just enough appropriately timed pep talks and dirty looks to not allow me to allow myself to give up. I seriously could not have done it without her. Some more thanks to Doug (my trainer) for getting me ready for this event. And Super Special THanks to Marc and the kids for being at the finish line to cheer me on. LOL does it sound like I'm at the Oscars??

I won't bore you with the mile by mile mental recap because afterall it was 13.1 miles and you don't have all day to read my blog but suffice it to say IT WAS HARD! Mentally, physically and whatever other "allys" apply. I will so do this again. Next time I will train more outside and I will have an actual time goal that I would like to acheive/beat. My goal this time was to finish, and run the whole thing. CHECK.

My official net time (from when I crossed the starting line) was 2 hrs 7 mins and 17 seconds. Not too shabby for a first timer. I came 1831 out of 4074 total people and 657 out of 1950 females. Yep, my shoulder hurts from patting myself on the back.

Without further ado, a pictorial recap:

The carbs I had Saturday night, which is, no lie the reason why I signed up for this race. There is something about the promise of a blissfull night of unlimited guilt free carbs that will make a woman do really crazy things:


Here's Annette, Jenn and I right before the start:


Here's Jenn and I with our hard earned medals after the finish:


The best cheerleaders ever:

4 comments:

Nancy said...

WAY to go!!! You look so skinny. Maybe I better try a marathon but probably not 13.5 miles. After all I am old enough to be your mother,even though we are cousins.

kathy said...

Hey- what matters is that you DID it- whether it was for the carbs, the dirty looks, the cheerleaders- it was for YOU- and who deserves it better than YOU ! I am truly, totally and completely impressed -takes determination, stamina and a bowl full of pasta to get through that. Nancy- if you do it, I'll do it. After all, I'm younger than you ! (still old enough to be Chris' mother, but...just sayin') Congrats Chris-

Marie said...

You are a rockstar! Wow, I'm impressed that you ran it at all, but that is a GREAT time!!! And your plate of carbs looks absolutely delish....

Anonymous said...

You are so tiny I could tuck you between my cleavage!!!

Congrats Mama...very proud!