Monday, July 6, 2009

Dolphin Pose- Exercise tip of the month ;-)



Starting Position
Start in an inverted V: forearms on floor, elbows wide, hands clasped, butt lifted, legs straight. Tip head between arms to look at feet.


Action
Looking up, press body forward until chin is above hands. Return to start to complete one rep.


The movement is subtle. You are only moving your butt up in the air a few inches. When you go flat try and hold it for a few more seconds to make it a little harder. I do 15 of these every few days and without fail everytime I do them I get sore in places I never knew existed. Give them a shot. They are supposed to strengthen your core and they do exactly that...after they tear your core apart..... Well worth the burn.

4 comments:

Alice said...

OK Chris, I'm going to try it now but stay close to the phone ;-)

The owner of this blog said...

Did you do it??????

Anonymous said...

LOL Alice!!

You know I LOVE these things!

nancy said...

Chrissy, I just did ten reps. tomorrow I will do 15. I need core strenth