Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mommy brag- Eva's 1st homework assignment

Allow me to introduce you to Eva's (and Mommy's) first homework assignment. It was really hard for me to "know my role" and stay within the confines of it, which was to write our family name on the top of the paper and trace the hands of our immediate family members elsewhere on the sheet, and allow Eva her creative license to decorate it. The instructions were to "Have fun making it special", "Use crayons, stickers, markers, glue, whatever your heart desires to make it pretty b/c we are hanging it on the wall in school". I gravitated (in my usual OCD way) to the ruler and the the pencil and the rainbow colored markers. Eva took a special liking to a dark blue sharpie. I could not pry it from her hands. After I painstakingly outlined our last name and all of the handprints she completely covered over her handprint and a good part of Daddy's hand in dark blue sharpie. I finally had to say "I think it's done! And boy is it lovely!!!". She agreed. Here it is:

3 comments:

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

I know this made you have to take a lot of deep breaths but yo both did a good job!

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

yo meant to say you

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is presh Chrissy. Really takes me back with my own older kids. Eva is very artistic! Love it!